Monday, March 28, 2005

Thirty-thousand and two feet

Today got off on a good foot. Picking up my e-ticket this morning, I found that I was upgraded to first class..woo hoo! Flying for 6 hours, that's quite a blessing. First leg, perfect..first row, leg room...first one on, first one off. Second leg, 4 hours worth, started the same way. I was the first one on the plane, first row...sweet! So far, so good. I got my book out, The Bourne Supremecy, and started to read as the 757 loaded when what seemed like 200 passengers later, an older Jimmy Buffet- looking guy gets in the seat beside me. No problem, the guy seems friendly, offering me the USAToday sports page.

A few minutes later, with people still boarding, I get a whiff of some serious body odor. I'm talking major league funk. The kind that makes you pull your head back on instinct like you are pulling your nose out of one of those green cloud streams that comes out of PePe LePew's ass. Pulling myself together, I slowly look to the line of people going by. Hmm, nothing suspicious, no homeless looking people or shameless Europeans (sorry, but some of you have some stank).

Then I notice, ol' Jimmy Buffet has taken his shoes off. Good God this geezer has some deadly dogs barking. How can he not know? I was scared to even look at them. I thought they might have open wounds or something.

I guess after a while your senses adjust, because I thought the smell had subsided. However, when I went to the restroom and came back, the stentch was as strong as ever. Oh well...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home